Tuesday, July 7, 2009

PICS!

So, I'm pretty sure there's a way for me to post pics through the blog but...being a tad technologically challenged, I am just happy I figured out how to download the pics from my new swanky camera. Here's a link to my picasa album - I hope it works and if it does, enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/cricketBBC08/SpainPart1?feat=directlink


Since I still don't really have a map I don't know what a lot of the pics are and haven't labeled them yet but will shortly - for the ones that I know. A lot of them are from today when I walked to this really cool park north of the city - Parc Guell. It's a Gaudi inspired/designed park, as I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the pics.

I also wanted to mentioned that today I starting reading a book that my dear friend in Seattle Traci gave me for my birthday called The Alchemist. I am only halfway through it but I honestly cannot tell you how amazing it is - HIGHLY recommend you getting it. The main lesson is about following your "legend" and it's told through a man's journey to follow his legend. It talks about the transforming power of our dreams and listening to our hearts. My favorite quote so far - "when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it."

I am truly grateful for Traci introducing me to this amazing book. I don't think I could possibly read a book that is more appropriate for where I am in my life and is echoing the things I have been feeling since I've decided to make this major career change and take this big adventure. When I first decided to make these big changes, it wasn't my intent that it would trigger a huge transformation in nearly every aspect of my life - but, it has! Not to get too mushy but I'll end this post with another quote from the book that really reflects what I have felt in the past few months - "When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision." I am literally and figuratively in a place I could have never dreamt of - and, I have never been happier!

3 comments:

  1. Great Pictures. Great talking to you today. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't imagine a better place to be reading the alchemist than in spain... well, i suppose morocco or egypt would be good too, but spain it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister- Enjoying the blog and looking forward to our next web cam!

    ReplyDelete